Monday, November 29, 2010
First, I would like to Thank Wi-Ex for giving me the opportunity to do this review! For my review I received the zBoost Metro Cell Phone Signal Booster.($299.99) This works great! I took it over to my son's house. My son doesn't have a landline, just cell phones in the house. It was almost impossible to use your cell phone without getting a dropped call or not being able to hear the person on the other end. Since, using the zBooster, no more dropped calls or unable to hear.
About zBoostDesigned for consumers, in single story urban dwellings, the zBoost METRO dual band boosts indoor signal for all phones and mobile devices (except Nextel phones) and all US carriers using 800 and 1900 Mhz. The zBoost METRO for the Home or Office extends an indoor Cell Zone up to 1500 sq ft. and doesn’t require an outside antenna placement.
Setup overview:The package includes everything you need: amplifier base unit, power supply, base unit antenna, coaxial cable (RG59-mini), signal antenna and mounting hardware. The wide radio wave beam width directional antenna receives signals from multiple cell towers.
Check For Signal StrengthBefore placing a zBoost in your home, make sure that you can place calls near the window or wherever you plan to place the Signal Antenna. zBoost can only bring signal into your home when signal reaches the Signal Antenna.
Using your cell phone, place a call near this location to confirm that enough signal is present to complete the call.
If you can reliably make and receive calls at that location then zBoost can bring the signal into your home.
If only one signal bar is displayed on your cell phone, indoor coverage will be limited to one small room.
Setting Up Your zBoost Signal Booster
FIRST:Place the Signal Antenna on the interior of a window located in the area of best signal.
Determine the location that provides the strongest signal using the signal strength indicator on your cell phone. Find the location on the window that provides the most bars of signal strength. Before proceeding, make sure that the intended surface is clean and clear of any dust. Then choose the suction cup attachments appropriate for your setting (short or long), fasten to the Signal Antenna, and secure to your window.
In order to capture the strongest signal, you may do one or all of the following:
1. Move the antenna around the window – higher is usually better.
2. Use the long suction cup attachments provided, in order to create a greater angle in which to capture the signal. The suction cups must be vertical on the window.
3. For best performance keep the Signal Antenna 2 feet from any metal.
SECOND:Place the zBoost Base Unit where you want to create a Cell Zone
Connect the Base Unit Antenna and coax to the Base Unit and place it where you need signal. For the widest possible signal area, it is recommended that you position the Base Unit near the middle of a room or mount it on an interior wall. This Base Unit uses an omni-directional antenna that delivers signal in a circular pattern around the antenna. The zBoost METRO does not require vertical separation; however, the Signal Antenna and Base Unit Antenna should have at least 8 feet of horizontal separation. Increasing separation of the 2 antennas will optimize zBoost performance.
The Base Unit can be mounted either directly on a wall or placed on a flat surface (e.g. a bookshelf, desk, end table, etc.). For best results, keep the Base Unit off the floor and at least 2 feet away from other cords, metal objects or other wireless devices such as wireless routers or wireless access points. The zBoost METRO performs best when there are no obstructions between the zBoost Base Unit and your mobile device.
THIRD:Run the provided coaxial cable between the Base Unit and Signal Antenna.
Use the provided RG-59(mini) coaxial cable to connect the Signal Antenna and the Base Unit. Coaxial connections can loosen when the cable is moved. Be sure the connections stay hand-tight.
FOURTH:Connect the zBoost Base Unit to the provided power supply and plug into a power outlet
Upon initial power up, a solid green LED should appear indicating normal conditions. If a red light appears, adjustments may be needed.
NOTE: The Base Unit can be plugged into a standard 2 or 3 prong 110 VAC receptacle using the Included power supply. The power supply consumes less than 10W (less than 0.2A AC).
Confirm That Your zBoost is Working ProperlyPerform the following steps to confirm that the unit is now working properly:
1. Unplug the Base Unit power cord.
2. Turn on your cell phone and check the signal meter.
3. Plug the power cord into the Base Unit.
4. Hold your cell phone about 3 feet from the Base Unit and then turn it on. Wait up to 1 minute for the cell phone to register the signal coming from the Base Unit.
5. If the signal meter shows improvement, your zBoost® unit is working properly.
► One lucky reader will win the zBoost Metro ($299.99) Cell Phone Booster ◄
Go to Wi-Ex and tell me what you learned.
1. "Like " Wi-Ex zBoost on Facebook.
2. Follow Wi-Ex on Twitter. @Wi_Ex
3. Tweet about this giveaway on Twitter and leave the direct link.
► ► ► One lucky reader will win the zBoost Metro ($299.99) Cell Phone Booster @bonmay #giveaway @Wi_Ex http://bit.ly/gTBb1L(1 Entry) This can be done daily!
4. Write a short review on Alexa for Quick Tattletails and give me 5 stars.
5. Fave me on Technorati.
6. Follow me on Twitter. @bonmay
7. Stumble this post, at the top of this post.
8. Follow me on Google Buzz.
Follow on Buzz
9. Post on Google Buzz, at the top of this post.
10. Follow me on Google Friend Conncect. On my right sidebar.
11. Follow me on Networked Blogs. On my right sidebar.
12. Fan me on Facebook.
13. "Like" this at the bottom of this post.
14. Sign up for my newsletter. On my right sidebar. Leave your email address.
15. Sign up for my RSS feed. On my right sidebar. Leave your email address.
16. Add Quick Tattletails to your blogroll with this URL - http://www.quicktattletails.com/
Tell me where I can find it.
17. Share this giveaway with the "Share the Love" buttons below.
(2 Entries Each Social Site)
18. Leave a comment on any non giveaway post. Tell me which one.
(2 Entries Per Comment)
19. Enter any of my other giveaways, just let me know which one.
(1 Entry per giveaway)
20. Put my button on your website and tell me where to find it.
21. Blog about this giveaway and leave me the link to find it.
Leave a comment for each entry.
A product was received for review. I was not paid in any form of cash for this posting. The opinions expressed are my own and were NOT influenced in any way.
The giveaway is only opened to the United States
Giveaway ends December 21, 2010 (11:59PM PST)
Giveaway ends December 21, 2010 (11:59PM PST)
You must be 18 or older.
Free Sweepstakes and Contest