Monday, December 13, 2010
First, I would like to Thank Grounds for Change for giving me the opportunity to do this review! Wow, this coffee is the best coffee I have every tasted, I was very impressed with how wonderful this coffee is. I received the Sumatra "Telong", Vienna Roast and the Peru "Cafe Femenino".
About Grounds for Changegift sets, which would be a perfect gift for someone on your gift list or a secret Santa gift.
Grounds for Change is a family owned and operated coffee roasting business located in the Pacific Northwest. They roast their 100% Fair Trade, Organic coffee in small batches to ensure that you receive the freshest coffee possible.
All of their coffee is Fair Trade Certified by TransFair USA and their Organic Certification meets the stringent Organic Processor Standards enforced by the United States Federal Government and the Washington State Department of Agriculture. The vast majority of the coffee they sell is also Shade Grown Coffee which ensures healthy habitat for migratory birds.
A number of community-based programs in coffee-growing countries directly benefit from the purchase of their coffee. For example, farmers in Peru and Mexico receive a higher price per pound for their coffee (above and beyond the going rate for certified coffee) to help support local domestic violence intervention programs and small business loans for women.
Grounds for Change is a sustainable business. Below are examples of what they are doing to achieve their goals:
- Use 100% renewable energy and off-set all of our CO2 emissions, including those from operations, packaging, inbound freight and outbound shipping to customers.
- Compost all of our organic waste including coffee grounds, coffee filters and food scraps.
- Purchase and print on paper made from 100% recycled content and recycle all office paper, toner cartridges, cardboard, glass, metal and plastic.
- Recycle all of our empty burlap coffee bags by donating them to local organic farmers for weed suppression and erosion control.
- Recycle all of our coffee chaff, the organic by-product of the roasting process, by giving it to local, organic farmers to be used as a nitrogen-rich soil amendment.
- Recycle all inbound freight pallets by donating them to a local business that rebuilds them for reuse.
- Donate well over 1% of our gross annual sales to social and environmental organizations as part of our membership with 1% For The Planet.
- Work closely with organizations promoting positive change including the Northwest Shade Coffee Campaign, Save Our Wild Salmon, Global Partnerships, Cafe Femenino Foundation and many other local and national non-profits.
Grounds for Change is a member of:
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Tomoson Product review & giveaway Disclosure.