Wednesday, December 15, 2010
First, I would like to Thank SquareTrade for giving me the opportunity to offer this giveaway to my readers!
SquareTrade's mission is to provide excellent and affordable warranty coverage to consumers. Their warranties are offered by many fine consumer-oriented retailers such as Amazon.com, Crutchfield and Buy.com.
If your retailer does not offer SquareTrade warranties, you can always purchase one directly through their website - you will likely get a much better warranty for much less than what the retailer offers.
SquareTrade's prices are up to 70% less than other warranties.
In fact, they're so serious about providing the best warranty price possible, they back it up with their Low Price Guarantee.
They are also the only warranty service consistently rated 5-stars by consumers. They encourage you to read our customer reviews on sites like:
Covered IssuesTheir standard warranty covers all mechanical and electrical failures that occur during normal use. You get 100% Parts & Labor coverage with zero deductibles.
Some examples of covered issues include computer hard drive failures, iPod batteries that stop charging, cell phone keypads that get stuck and digital camera sensor failures.
Length of CoverageYour Care Plan length of coverage depends on where you bought your warranty and the condition of the item when you bought it.
- For New Items: Coverage lasts 2-5 years as indicated at the time that you purchase your warranty. This coverage starts on the date of purchase of the covered item.
- For Refurbished & Used Items: Coverage lasts 1-2 years, as indicated at the time that you purchase your warranty. This coverage starts on the day after the manufacturer's warranty expires, or if there isn't a manufacturer's warranty, on the 61st day after your item purchase. Note: This means that your item is not covered for issues happening in the first 60 days after you purchase your item. Coverage for Used items is only available for items sold on eBay.
- For items with delayed shipment: If you purchase an item that doesn't ship immediately, as long as you can provide us with proof of the actual date the item was shipped, we will be happy to change your coverage start and end date. To do this, please call us at 1-877-WARRANTY (1-877-927-7268).
- For replacement payments: You are covered up to the maximum value you paid for the item. Once they pay out that amount, your Care Plan is considered fulfilled. If you would like coverage on your new item, you need to purchase a new warranty for it.
- For Repairs: The Care Plan is good for multiple repairs, up to the maximum value of your item. Once the cost of repairs meets the full purchase price of the item, your Care Plan is considered fulfilled.
Accidental Damage from Handling (ADH) coverageADH coverage is an option for new, store-purchased items and protects against drops and spills. It does not cover loss, willful damage or gross misuse.
ADH is typically offered as an option for MP3 Players, Laptops, GPS Devices, Cameras, and other portable electronics, but is generally not available on refurbished or eBay items.
eBay ItemsThey have specialized coverage for eBay users. They cover used & refurbished items as well as new items without a manufacturer warranty (e.g., gray-market item or seller not authorized dealer).
Exclusions:Refer to the details of the contract for the full list, but there are 5 notable exclusions to your coverage.
- Pre-existing conditions: Items sold in non-working or partially working conditions. They consider any issues on used or refurbished items in the first 60 days to be a pre-existing condition (They DO cover accidents in the first 60 days if you purchased Accidental Damage from Handling coverage).
- Accidental damage: Unless Accidental Damage from Handling Protection is purchased, they don’t cover items that are accidentally damaged - such as water damage, dropped iPods, and cracked laptop screens.
- Accessories and Consumer replaceable parts: They don’t cover accessories and parts that are meant to be replaced by the consumer, such as batteries and ink cartridges. They DO cover internal batteries, such as iPod batteries.
- Software: They don’t cover software issues. They will help you troubleshoot the issue though to determine if it's a software or hardware issue.
- Certain Types of Items: Industrial equipment used commercially such as servers or items fraudulently misrepresented are not covered. Please call them to find out if your item falls into this category
About SquareTradeIn business since 1999, SquareTrade is the largest independent warranty provider and the only warranty consistently rated 5-stars by consumers.
Their warranties make sense:Their prices average 40% less than most retailers. Every warranty comes with a 5-day service guarantee you won't find anywhere else. They take a hands-on approach to servicing your claims so we can make sure everything's done right, with a minimum amount of hassle. It's their policy to approve every valid claim and if there's ever a question about it, they always are on your side.
They are changing the warranty industry:They give consumers something they've never had before: a choice. Their warranties are available for ALL your electronics and appliances, whether you buy them at Best Buy, eBay or any other store.
► One lucky reader will win one free warranty ◄
Go to SquareTrade and tell me something you learned.
1. Follow SquareTrade on twitter. @SquareTrade
2. "Like" SquareTrade on Facebook.
3. Tweet about this giveaway on Twitter and leave the direct link.
► ► ► One lucky reader will win one Free Warranty from SquareTrade! @bonmay @SquareTrade #giveaway http://bit.ly/f0MV86
(1 Entry) This can be done daily!
4. Write a short review on Alexa for Quick Tattletails and give me 5 stars. Leave the name you use for Alexa.
5. Fave me on Technorati.
6. Follow me on Twitter. @bonmay Leave your Twitter name.
7. Follow me on StumbleUpon. Leave your StumbleUpon name.
8. Stumble this post, at the top of this post.
9. Follow me on Google Buzz. Leave your Google name.
Follow on Buzz
10. Post on Google Buzz, at the top of this post.
11. Follow me on Google Friend Conncect. On my right sidebar.
12. Follow me on Networked Blogs. On my right sidebar.
13. Fan me on Facebook. Leave your Facebook name.
14. "Like" this at the bottom of this post.
15. Sign up for my newsletter. On my right sidebar. Leave your email address.
16. Sign up for my RSS feed. On my right sidebar. Leave your email address.
17. Add Quick Tattletails to your blogroll with this URL - http://www.quicktattletails.com/
Tell me where I can find it.
18. Share this giveaway with the "Share the Love" buttons below.
(2 Entries Each Social Site)
19. Leave a comment on any non giveaway post. Tell me which one.
(2 Entries Per Comment)
20. Enter any of my other giveaways, just let me know which one.
(1 Entry per giveaway)
21. Put my button on your website and tell me where to find it.
22. Blog about this giveaway and leave me the link to find it.
Leave a comment for each entry.
A product was NOT received for this giveaway. I was not paid in any form of cash for this posting. The opinions expressed are my own and were NOT influenced in any way.
The giveaway is only opened to the United States
Giveaway ends January 06, 2011 (11:59PM PST)
Giveaway ends January 06, 2011 (11:59PM PST)
You must be 18 or older.
Free Sweepstakes and Contest