Monday, January 3, 2011
First I would like to Thank Chicken Soup for the Soul for giving me the opportunity to do this review! Chicken Soup for the Soul has done it again, with a fabulous collection of Christmas stories filled with all the joy, wonder and inspiration of my favorite holiday! This book is really wonderful!
Christmas is a magical time of year — a time of family, friends, and traditions. Share all the magic, joys, blessings, and excitement of the season with the whole family. It's all captured in Chicken Soup for the Soul: Christmas Magic with its 101 new holiday stories covering everything from finding the perfect Christmas tree, being with family and seeing the wonder in a child's eyes to goodwill, love and the true meaning of Christmas. This book will delight every reader, from the young to the young at heart and bring back the magic of the holiday season.
History of Chicken Soup for the SoulInternationally known speakers Mark Victor Hansen and Jack Canfield knew the power of a good story long before Chicken Soup for the Soul was published. Each had built their speaking careers by telling inspirational, motivational and uplifting stories that their audiences could use to discover, experience and retain key concepts and approaches. After years of continuous audience requests that they put their stories into book form, Hansen & Canfield finally agreed. Rather than focusing only on their stories, they decided to reach out to others and seek contributions of powerful tales of ordinary people doing extra ordinary things. After rounding up the 101 most inspirational submissions, they were left with an untitled book they both knew had the potential to make quite an impact.
As they searched for a winning title, Jack & Mark each agreed to meditate on the subject for one hour a day. Jack visualized the image of his grandmother’s chicken soup and remembered how she told him it would cure anything. The book would have the same healing powers as that soup, but not for the body—for the soul. Thus, the now famous title was born…Chicken Soup for the Soul.
Today, more than 15 years after it began, Chicken Soup for the Soul means more to people than just books. According to Harris Polls, 88.7 percent of the public not only recognizes the Chicken Soup for the Soul brand, but knows what it is. With more than 112 million books sold to date, almost 200 titles in print and translations into more than 40 languages, Chicken Soup for the Soul is one of the world’s best-known phrases. Chicken Soup for the Soul reaches people well beyond the bookstore, with CD & DVD collections, company-sponsored samplers, greeting cards, children’s entertainment products, pet food, flowers and many other products in line with Chicken Soup for the Soul’s purpose. Chicken Soup for the Soul is currently implementing a plan to expand into all media by working with TV networks on several shows and developing a major Internet presence dedicated to life improvement, emotional support
► One lucky reader will win the Chicken Soup for the Soul: Christmas Magic Book ◄
Mandatory Entry:Go to Chicken Soup for the Soul and tell me something you learned.
1. "Like" Chicken Soup for the Soul on Facebook.
2. Follow Chicken Soup for the Soul on Twitter. @chickensoupsoul
3. Tweet about this giveaway on Twitter and leave the direct link.
► One lucky reader will win the Chicken Soup for the Soul: Christmas Magic Book @bonmay @chickensoupsoul #giveaway http://bit.ly/gXnShX
(1 Entry) This can be done daily!
4. Write a short review on Alexa for Quick Tattletails and give me 5 stars. Leave the name you use for Alexa.
5. Fave me on Technorati.
6. Follow me on Twitter. @bonmay Leave your Twitter name.
7. Follow me on StumbleUpon. Leave your StumbleUpon name.
8. Stumble this post, at the top of this post.
9. Follow me on Google Buzz. Leave your Google name.
Follow on Buzz
10. Post on Google Buzz, at the top of this post.
11. Follow me on Digg. Leave your Digg name.
12. Digg this story on Digg.
13. Follow me on Google Friend Conncect. On my right sidebar.
14. Follow me on Networked Blogs. On my right sidebar.
15. Fan me on Facebook. Leave your Facebook name.
16. "Like" this at the bottom of this post.
17. Sign up for my newsletter. On my right sidebar. Leave your email address.
18. Sign up for my RSS feed. On my right sidebar. Leave your email address.
19. Add Quick Tattletails to your blogroll with this URL - http://www.quicktattletails.com/
Tell me where I can find it.
20. Leave a comment on any non giveaway post. Tell me which one.
(2 Entries Per Comment)
21. Enter any of my other giveaways, just let me know which one.
(1 Entry per giveaway)
22. Put my button on your website and tell me where to find it.
23. Blog about this giveaway and leave me the link to find it.
Leave a comment for each entry.
A product SAMPLE was received for review. I was not paid in any form of cash for this posting. The opinions expressed are my own and were NOT influenced in any way.
Giveaway ends January 25, 2011 (11:59PM PST)The giveaway is only opened to the United States.
You must be 18 or older.
Free Sweepstakes and Contest