Thursday, September 22, 2011
How many stores do you go to for your back to school shopping? For all of us parents, it can be a very busy time and financially stressful. That's where T.J. Maxx and Marshalls come in very handy, with their incredible brand names and styles, up to 60 percent less. These savings enable consumers to shop guilt-free. Whether you have young children or teenagers T.J. Maxx and Marshalls is the perfect place to shop to save you money!
For this review I received a $50.00 Gift Card to T.J. Maxx/Marshalls. I took my grandson shopping to buy him some back-to-school clothes. We found so many designer brands, like Lucky Brand jeans, Ralph Lauren, American Eagle and Nautica. The prices were awesome! Being a teenager he's picky on what he will wear, but with the selection at T.M. Maxx he didn't have any problem of finding things he liked. He picked out a hoodie, t-shirt and a pair of jeans.
One thing I know for sure is that I will be shopping at T.J. Maxx alot more! I highly recommend shopping at T.J. Maxx and Marshalls, you can save so much money!
Back to School Shopping SurveyIn August Mom Central Consulting and T.J. Maxx/Marshalls conducted an online survey to uncover moms back-to-school shopping habits.
Almost 1,000 moms with at least one child in elementary through high school took the survey.
Here are some of the results:
- The majority of moms (60%) do the bulk of their back-to-school shopping a few weeks in advance.
- Even though most moms get a head start on shopping, 25% wait until the last minute.
- About half of moms shop at 2-3 stores when shopping for back-to-school items.
- About 1/3 of moms prefer to shop at one-stop stores vs. specialty stores.
- 81%of moms said that the rising cost of items negatively affect their family's back-to-school budget this year.
- 81% of moms said their kids will be using a backpack to tote around their school supplies this season.
- Sneakers (84%) are the most important type of new footwear during this years back-to-school shopping trip.
Back-to-School Trends for Girls
- Tops, dresses and jackets are flaunting new, voluminous sleeve details with kimono and dolman shapes. A capelet and pair of cropped denim pants are a great combo for returning to the classroom.
- A must‐have for the new school year is a French terry zip‐up hoodie, solid or striped. Fashionistas will try it layered over a romper.
- Skinny leg denim should not be forgotten, but teens should make room in their wardrobes for a new pair of flared leg jeans. They look best paired with a vintage tee and lightweight jacket.
- For teens, boots and booties with details like lacing, wedges and shearling or faux fur are the must‐have footwear for the 2011 school year.
- Accessorizing is fun with skinny belts, printed scarves, fashion totes for carrying books and lots of leggings and tights to choose from.
Back-to-School Trends for Guys
- Denim is a key wardrobe staple for guys, and this year whiskered jeans in darker washes are perfectly paired with a plaid button‐down and chukka boots.
- Vintage tees with a pair of striped shorts and basketball sneakers make his walk down the hall one that no one will forget.
- A lightweight hoodie is his fall jacket. Whether solid or striped, this must‐have can be worn with everything from shorts to denim and tees or a more formal button‐down style.
- For more casual days, athletic wear is a great option. A tee and shorts or running pants with a pair of Americana kicks will keep guys comfortable, yet on-trend.
- Cross-body bags in either solid or prints are the perfect way for guys to carry their books and look cool at the same time.
Enter to win one of the three $100.00 T.J. Maxx/Marshalls gift cards from Mom Central! Hurry, this giveaway ends on 09/23/11!
About MarshallsShopping off-price at Marshalls allows customer to find the hottest designer fashions for up to 60 percent off departments store prices. With buyers traveling 40+ weeks per year to negotiate with more than 12,000 vendors in over 60 countries, Marshalls is able to help consumers add this season's designer looks straight from the source to their closets for less. Marshalls is one of the nation's leading off-price family apparel and home fashion retailers with over 870 stores spanning 42 states and Puerto Rico. Marshalls offers a wide selection of current season, top quality, brand name fashions for the entire family as well as giftware and domestics for the home at prices 20-60 percent less than department stores, specialty boutiques and catalogs.
I wrote this review while participating in a campaign by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of T.J.Maxx and Marshalls and received a gift card to facilitate my review and thank me for taking the time to participate.