Tuesday, November 15, 2011
Do your kids love the Christmas Classics? I know my kids and grandkids love watching the holiday classics! For this review I received one "Twas the Night Before Christmas" (Blue-ray + DVD Pack), Santa's Magical Stories DVD's (3 Discs) and Frosty's Winter Wonderland DVD. I gave these to my grandkids and they just love watching them. They have watched them so many times, I guess they are excited for Christmas, but who's not? It's a Christmas tradition to watch all of these Christmas Classics!
About Santa's Magical StoriesSanta’s Magical Stories is the perfect collection of classic Christmas specials available together for the first time in an all-new gift set. This three-disc release is comprised of eight holiday favorites, including seven beloved Rankin/Bass stop motion animation titles. The release also includes a bonus special.
Santa’s Magical Stories Featured Specials Include:
- Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas! – From animation legend Chuck Jones comes one of the best holiday cartoons of all time, adapting the Dr. Seuss story and starring Boris Karloff as the voice of you-know-Who.
- The Leprechauns’ Christmas Gold – A leprechaun named Blarney Kilakilarney loses his gold to a banshee on Christmas Eve.
- Pinocchio’s Christmas – It’s Pinocchio’s first Christmas and he realizes the holiday is not about gifts but about being together with family.
- The Year Without a Santa Claus Deluxe Edition – When Santa decides to retire one Christmas, Mrs. Claus takes action.
- Rudolph’s Shiny New Year – Baby New Year is missing and a certain red-nosed reindeer leads the search.
- Nestor the Long-Eared Christmas Donkey – Back in the days of the Roman Empire, a small donkey named Nestor who is teased mercilessly about his abnormally long ears, becomes a hero when he is chosen by Mary and Joseph to take them to Bethlehem where Mary gives birth to baby Jesus.
- Jack Frost (1976) – The resourceful cold-weather elf turns human to court a pretty maiden – and then must recover his icy powers to save her from a crafty rival.
- A Miser Brothers Christmas – Santa Claus and the mischievous brothers Heat Miser and Snow Miser are the targets of yuletide treachery from that sneaky blowhard North Wind.
- Rudolph and Frosty’s Christmas in July – The feature length delight about what happens when a certain reindeer’s nose stops shining!
Frosty's Winter WonderlandFrom popular song to animated holiday classic, Frosty’s Winter Wonderland Deluxe Edition tells the story of the beloved snowman and how he meets his companion, Crystal. Andy Griffith, Shelley Winters and Jackie Vernon lend their voices to this captivating cartoon about the Snowman’s return to the children of a small town for a winter season of fun and games. But he’s lonely at night when left by himself and so the town’s children build a beautiful snowlady companion for him. Jealous of the attention given to Frosty, Jack Frost blows up a blizzard and swipes Frosty’s magical, life-giving hat. Only true love can bring Frosty back to his old, fun-loving self. Two songs that have proven to be enduring seasonal favorites highlight the soundtrack: “Frosty the Snowman” and “Winter Wonderland.”
Frosty’s Winter Wonderland Deluxe Edition includes a bonus feaurette titled Frosty and the Story of the Snowman.
Frosty's Winter Wonderland
Twas the Night Before Christmas‘Twas the Night Before Christmas, tells the story about how for some unexplained reason, letters to Santa Claus are being returned to the children of Junctionville. It seems some resident has angered St. Nick, calling Christmas “a fraudulent myth!” Skeptical Albert Mouse has to be brought to his senses “and let up a little on the wonder why.” How Albert is persuaded to change his tune paves the way for Santa’s jolly return to town – and the joyous finale of the animated fable inspired by Clement Moore’s poem and produced by the merrymaking conjurers of Rankin/Bass Studios. The voice talents of Joel Grey, Tammy Grimes, John McGiver and George Gobel make this festive fable even more fun.
‘Twas the Night Before Christmas Deluxe Edition Bonus Feature Includes:
- Christmas: A Global Holiday – An animated comic book that explores Yuletide traditions around the world.
'Twas the Night Before Christmas (Deluxe Edition) [Blu-ray]
***There are three Tweets you can do each day for extra entries, but must be 3 hours apart!
A product sample was received for review. I was not paid in any form of cash for this posting. The opinions expressed are my own and were NOT influenced in any way.
Giveaway ends November 30, 2011 (12:01 AM EST)
One person per household may enter.The giveaway is only opened to the United States.
You must be 18 or older.
Free Sweepstakes and Contest