Wednesday, January 18, 2012
How much do you love Frito-Lay Chips? For this review I received one Frito-Lay Tote bag, one Sunchips Garden Salsa Flavored Multigrain Snacks, one bag of Lay's Classic Potato Chips and one bag of Tostitos Restaurant Style with a Hint of Lime Tortilla Chips. We do a lot of entertaining and we always have chips on hand. We love to serve Frito-Lay to our guests. Frito-lay has quite a large variety to choose from! They are all delicious and my family loves them! I am a member of the Frito-Lay Fan program. If you become a member, there is a good chance that you will receive some free bags of chips!
Here are some Frito-Lay Fun Facts
- Many of their chips are made with three simple ingredients: potatoes or corn, oil and salt.
- They use all-natural oils, such as corn and sunflower oils, so their chips have 0 grams trans-fat.
- Most of their chips contain less salt than you think! A 1-oz serving of Lay’s Classic potato chips has about the same amount of sodium as a slice of white bread.
- They offer a Lightly Salted line of chips -- available in Lay’s potato chips and Fritos corn chips, which contain 50 percent less sodium than their regular counterparts.
- All Lay’s Classic potato chips, SunChips multigrain snacks and Tostitos tortilla chips are made with all natural ingredients, meaning they don’t contain any artificial flavors, artificial preservatives or MSG.
- Many varieties of Tostitos tortilla chips contain 8 grams of whole grain corn per serving, and SunChips multigrain snacks have 18 grams of whole grain and 2 grams fiber per serving.
- Frito-Lay supports American farmers and buys the potatoes they use to make potato chips from 80+ farms across 27 states.
- They use technologies that create renewable energy, such as solar panels and biomass boilers, in some of their manufacturing plants.
- Frito-Lay has the largest private, all-electric fleet of delivery trucks in the U.S.
- All Frito-Lay manufacturing plants are taking measures to divert at least 99 percent of waste from landfills. One way they’re doing this is by reusing their shipping cartons up to six times before recycling them, helping reduce cardboard waste.
Product samples were received from Frito-lay for this review. I was not paid in any form of cash for this posting. The opinions expressed are my own and were NOT influenced in any way.