Wednesday, January 11, 2012
Have you heard of the newest Nintendo DS Game? It's the Wappy Dog! It's the cutest thing! For this review I received one Nintendo DS Wappy Dog. I gave this to my grandkids and they had so much fun with it, of course they didn't want to wait to take their turn to play with it. It has brought the grandkids many hours of play and put a smile on their faces. It takes the virtual pet to a whole new level. What little kid wouldn't want a puppy that they can teach them new tricks and play games with them? I would recommend the Nintendo DS Wappy Dog!
About the Nintendo DS Wappy DogThe Wappy Dog brings forth the next generation of interactive toys, connecting a physical pet toy with the virtual world, where young gamers care for and raise their very own interactive puppy to adulthood through an immersive experience communicated through the Nintendo DS, truly touching both the pet toy and videogame audiences.
Players choose between "Home Mode", which enables them to engage with the physical dog through the Nintendo DS, or "Travel Mode", which gives on-the-go Nintendo DS Players a chance to continue caring for and playing with their pet virtually. In Home Mode, players can communicate by selecting a prompt on the Nintendo DS and Wappy will respond through vocal barks and movement. Players can converse with Wappy in this manner, ask the physical dog to perform tricks (such as singing and dancing) and play mini-games with their Wappy Dog to which the physical Dog responds. In Travel Mode, players can nurture, play games with the customize a virtual version of Wappy Dog on the Nintendo DS. When Players reunite their system with their physical pet, the two entities sync to enable the same dynamic personality and status giving players constant access to their pet.
Each Wappy Dog is a personalized experience enabling players to customize both the virtual version with different colors and accessories, as well as the physical dog with spots, colors and accessories via in-pack sticker sheets. Players train and care for their Wappy Dog to determine their pet's constantly evolving personality, skills, and happiness, as well as use their game system to communicate with their dog.
Unprecedented level of interaction with an interactive pet toy
- The only one of its kind that combines strong emotional attachment and deep simulation with the real world interaction of physical companion.
- Wappy Dog can sing several different songs, but can be trained to learn up to 16 tunes as play continues.
- More than 18 conversational prompts are answered with more than 350 evolving responses, with a "barked" response translated by the Nintendo DS software.
- Thanks to data exchange between the toy and game system, the digital and physical Wappy are the same dog.
- Training and care taking grant new interactions and accessories to players as well as increase the dog's stats.
- Players will care for the dog in the virtual world, including playing with toys and mini-games, grooming, customizing the dog's appearance and environment, and feeding.
- Playing mini-games builds a healthy bond between pet and owner.
- Cooperative, competitive or supportive games will continue to develop the friendship while simultaneously unlocking more games for even more exciting experiences.
- The dog will also cheer or cry when playing games and express his or her mood through sound or movement based on what players are doing on their game system.
- Level of attention and interaction determine short term mood and happiness of pet.
- Five uniquely varied age states will be accompanied by changing reactions, songs and even the pitch of its voice.
- Wappy's nickname can chosen by the player who will enjoy feeding, grooming and changing Wappy's style as it matures from a puppy to an adult.
- In-pack sticker sheets allow players to customize their very own Wappy Dog, while accessory and color options are offered for the virtual version.
A product sample was received for review. I was not paid in any form of cash for this posting. The opinions expressed are my own and were NOT influenced in any way.