Saturday, April 7, 2012
Spring and summer get me in the mood to throw some fun parties! I love the warm weather, it's a great time for entertaining friends and family! How do you go about planning your parties and what type of food do you serve your guests? If it's a holiday, I decorate with that holiday in mind. If's it's just a fun get together, I think of a fun theme and go from there. The food and beverages are the most important part of a party. Always have plenty of appetizers and all types of beverages on hand! For every party there has to be delicious appetizers, when hosting parties I like having a variety of frozen appetizers on hand, it makes it so much easier than making everything from scratch.
Here are some ideas that I use to plan my parties, that work great for me!
- Decide what theme you would like.
- Who is on the guest list.
- Save money by look at all the sales for Party items.
- Makes list of all the ideas that you have to make the party one of the best.
- Set a time frame to accomplish all the details.
- Send out invitations with an RSVP.
- If you don't hear from one of the people you invited, give them a call.
- If you know how many people there will be, it's easier to plan on how much food and beverages you need.
- Plan a menu that won't be too much on your wallet.
- Buy things that are on sale and shop at Costco or Sam's Club, it will save you money.
- Don't plan on serving something that has a lot of prep time.
- Have large trays of appetizers, such as crackers, cheese, salami, breads, spreads.
- Put food in the kitchen, living room and perhaps on the patio, if the weather is permitting.
- Have a potluck.
- Serve wine, beer and non-alcoholic drinks, especially bottled water, soda and juices.
- Have your guest bring there own bottle.
Set the Mood:
- Have a theme for the party.
- Light Candles, if you are worried about burning candles, get the fake candles, they look almost real.
- A potpourri lamp is great, it gives the room a nice aroma.
- Some relaxing music is really a mood setter.
Check out some other party ideas at Farm Rich!
Have you ever heard of Farm Rich? I'm sure everybody has heard of them, but did you know they have sixteen different types of frozen appetizers. Take a look at this list, you can definitely find appetizers suitable for your next party!
- Cheese Sticks
- Meatballs - Original
- Meatballs - Italian Style
- Turkey Meatballs
- Mozzarella Bites
- Pizza Slices
- Philly Cheese Steaks
- Stuffed Pretzel Bites
- Bacon Cheeseburgers
- French Toast Sticks - Original
- French Toast Sticks - Cinnamon
- Queso Cheese Bites
- Mozzarella Sticks
- Jalapeño Peppers
About Farm Rich Queso Cheese BitesI especially love the new Farm Rich Queso Cheese Bites, they are really delicious! They are filled with creamy white queso cheese, breaded, bite-sized and they are perfect for any party! Now you can enjoy bite-sized snacks at home with a slight ‘kick’ when you can’t get to your favorite Mexican restaurant.
- Good source of calcium
- Quick, hot and delicious out of the oven
- Crisp and toasty on the outside
- Meltingly tender on the inside
Available nationally at Walmart stores and other Farm Rich grocery retailers for an average retail price of $6.99, each bag of Farm Rich Queso Cheese Bites contains 53-56 pieces. The bite-sized snacks come out of the oven or fryer in just minutes, crisp and toasty on the outside, meltingly tender on the inside, and ready to serve for an after-school snack, party appetizer, or just any time hunger calls. The wholesome snacks also are a good source of calcium, and each portion contains just 180 calories and 0 grams trans fat per serving. As the newest product from Farm Rich, Queso Cheese Bites join a line-up of popular frozen snacks and appetizers that includes Cheese Sticks, Mini Pizza Slices, Mozzarella Bites, Stuffed Pretzel Bites and more. To learn more, visit www.farmrich.com.
When you plan your next party, be sure to think of Farm Rich for your appetizers! They are convenient and very easy to cook, just pop them out of the box on a cookie sheet and bake or you can deep fry them! How much easier can it get? I love Farm Rich, they make entertaining so easy!
Pesos 4 Quesos SweepstakesDo you love sweepstakes? I know I sure do! Farm Rich has a fantastic sweepstakes going on right now, it's the Pesos 4 Quesos Sweepstakes! Be Sure to "Like" Farm Rich on Facebook and enter to win the grand prize of $3,500.00
Between March 19 and May 4, play Pesos 4 Quesos for a chance to win a $3,500 “Fiesta Grande” from Farm Rich. Visit the Farm Rich Facebook page and click on Pesos 4 Quesos to play and register to win weekly $200 gift cards plus the chance to take home the $3,500 grand prize—worth over 44,000 pesos! By reaching certain game levels, players can also earn coupons to try the new Queso Cheese Bites. The grand-prize winner will be announced on May 5.
I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Farm Rich blogging program, to earn My SocialMoms Rewards Points. The opinions and ideas expressed here are my own.