Monday, October 29, 2012
The Neighborhood Toy Store Day is almost here and it's a nation-wide event! The 3rd Annual Neighborhood Toy Store Day on Saturday, November 10th. The special day helps celebrate the benefits of shopping at your local toy stores that are participating, with in-store events and activities for the entire family! Participating stores will have activities, craft projects, live performances and/or special discounts to kick off the holiday shopping season!
To find a local Neighborhood Toy Store Day event near you, visit the new website: yourneighborhoodtoystore.org
For this review I received the Roll & Play (Your Child's First Game) and the Tobbles Neo, which are just perfect for my great grandson! Parker had a great time stacking the Tobbles Neo spheres and knocking them over, but he's a little young for the Roll & Play.
About the Tobbles Neo
Tobbles Neo is a winner of ASTRA's Best Toys for Kids 2012 Award. (Category: Early Play/0-3) They are bright and cheerful colors, the physics of motion - and the addition of more tactile clout! The unique grippable texture of Tobbles Neo awakens touch. See those gentle, playful curves? They truly enliven tactile experiences.
Young minds revel in stacking, toppling, and the discovery of endless ingenuity with Tobbles Neo. Six uniquely weighted pieces balance, neatly nest, and incessantly spin beyond your expectations.
Gratifying to hold in your hands, weighted to invite investigation, and likely to be swiped from your possession.
Little hands can’t get enough of the stacking, toppling, spinning, balancing, wobbling, tilting, and wiggling! Another welcome invitation to timeless play.
- Innovative creative play matched with modern design
- For sensory exploration, fine motor skills, coordination, visual spatial acuity
- Dynamic play potential - stack, topple, spin, balance, wobble, tilt, wiggle, roll
- Physics interplays with design perfection - Looks good, plays even better
- Dual-color, unique grippable texture, playful curves enliven tactile experiences
- Ideal for busy, curious children & beloved by playful adults
- Six vibrant, weighted pieces for delightful experimentation
- Includes 6 vibrant, weighted spheres & stacking base
- A design-savvy, functional conversation piece
- Highest quality construction
- Fully safety tested
- For children 6 months+
- Suggested retail price $27.99
About the Roll & Play (Your Child's First Game)
Roll & Play is the first game ever designed specifically for toddlers, it is a winner of ASTRA's Best Toys for Kids 2012 Award! (Category: Early Play/0-3) To play, simply toss the big plush cube and identify which colored side faces up. Choose a matching color card and perform the simple activity shown. “Make a happy face,” “Moo like a cow” the activities supported by Roll & Play are designed to help your child shine, supporting healthy development and celebrating success! Roll & Play is the ideal way to gently introduce play patterns and rules through a loving, joyful play experience!
- 1 Large Plush Cube
- 48 Cards – 8 in Each Category
- Storage Pocket for Cards
- Parent’s Guide
- For children 18 months+
- Suggested retail price $19.99
About ASTRAASTRA’s is packed with expert advice on toys and play for children of all ages. Their mission is to help parents discover the "Woohoo Factor", the delight, joy and the excitement of finding today's best toys! The community benefits of shopping at your local toy store. Did you know that according to the 3/50 Project, for every $100 spent in local, independently-owned stores, $68 returns to community in the form of taxes, salaries, charitable contributions and more? In contrast with only $43, when consumers spend their money at a national chain.
Don't forget: Shopping locally fosters a sense of community and provides the following benefits:
- Economic Stability: Spending your money at an independent retail store supports the local economy. Local businesses create jobs, fund city services through tax dollars and promote neighborhood development.
- Community Development: Local businesses foster community well-being by building strong neighborhoods, sustaining communities and contributing more to local causes. Not only do these stores add unique character to the local neighborhood, they increase the quality of life for residents and contribute to the value of homes in the area. In addition, local ownership means local decision making by the people who live and work in the community and are therefore personally invested in its success.
- Reduced Environmental Impact: Local stores help sustain vibrant, compact, walkable town centers, which in turn are essential to reducing sprawl, automobile use, habitat loss, and air and water pollution. Neighborhood stores require less travel for consumers, which decrease traffic congestion and carbon usage.
- A Diverse Product Selection: An abundance of small locally owned businesses, each selecting its own product mix, guarantees a much wider range of product choices for everyone in the community. In addition, independent toy stores tend to carry many of the high-quality, boutique and specialty products not typically found at big box stores.
- Better Customer Service: Small business owners are committed to keeping customer happy. They tend to tailor their products offerings to meet the needs of the community, host local events and create incentive programs for loyal shoppers.
Twitter - https://twitter.com/TheWoohooFactor
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/TheWoohooFactor
I participated in a campaign on behalf of Childs Play Communications. I received product samples to facilitate my review. I was not paid in any form of cash for this posting. The opinions expressed are my own and were NOT influenced in any way.