Monday, December 3, 2012
Did you hear, that Del Monte is having a giveaway? Be sure to enter today and load up on Del Monte Fresh Produce (DMFP) fruits and veggies during the holidays to stay healthy without packing on the pounds.
Fresh fruits and veggies, and sticking to your existing exercise plan, will give your body the extra vitamins and energy it needs to make it through all the shopping, parties, family gatherings and fun.
To help its fans stay healthy, DMFP is giving away 200 $50.00 fresh produce coupon booklets to Facebook fans.
Simply enter the promotion at: http://www.facebook.com/DelMonteFreshProduce/app_143566059124632 December 3 -14, 2012. Fans who receive the coupons will be selected randomly and notified by December 16th.
Del Monte Fresh Produce tips to staying healthy during the holidays:
- Eat a piece of fruit or two before the party to help curb your appetite.
- Head for the crudité platter to fill up on veggies (and vitamins), rather than high caloric cheeses and dips.
- Go for the grapes on a cheese platter and ignore the cheese and crackers.
- Bring a veggie or fruit platter with low-fat dip, like yogurt or hummus, to a party so you know their will be something healthy to eat.
- Serve fresh homemade salsa with baked tortilla chips as a low fat appetizer option.
- Roast fresh veggies with a little olive oil instead of sautéing in butter.
- Go for a walk with guests at a party before or after your meal. It’s a great way to be social and get your heart rate up.
- Squeeze in an extra long and vigorous workout on party days.
For healthy, delicious recipes using Del Monte Fresh Produce, go to www.fruits.com.
A product sample was not received for review. I was compensated for this posting. The opinions expressed are my own and were NOT influenced in any way.